Here are some useful tips that could save you time and money:
- If you are funding the purchase by way of mortgage, get loan approval before you do anything else.
- Shop around for a mortgage. You don’t have to be an existing customer of a Bank or Building Society to get a mortgage with them.
- Identify a property that suits you. Think about what you need in a property and the ideal location for your work and family needs.
- Check with the local Planning Office to ensure that no major developments that might affect your enjoyment of the property are planned.
- Make sure you have a structural survey and boundary inspection carried out (Your Solicitor should advise you as to when to do this). NB: This is different to the Valuation survey that the Mortgage Lender will seek.